I have been trying to come up with a sweet treat that will satisfy my taste buds AND benefit my body. These tasty coconut almond butter cups have hit the mark! A healthy snack which is free of dairy, artificial additives, preservatives, and a load of processed sugar. Your body will be grateful.Jump to Recipe
These coconut almond butter cups are not only healthy but require no baking and only a few ingredients. They are also super easy to prepare. You’re welcome! Whichever ingredients you don’t have on hand, you can easily find at your local supermarket. A funny thing I noticed when I first tried these snacks is they have a familiar flavor- that of my favorite Girl Scout cookie. I’d say that’s an added bonus!
Almond butter- protein, protein. Whether vegan, vegetarian, paleo, or none of the above almond butter is a good source of protein which is something we all need.
Coconut oil- boosts energy as well as good cholesterol.
Dark chocolate- antioxidants from cocoa
-I use unrefined (also known as raw) coconut 🥥 oil because it undergoes less processing than refined coconut oil and retains more of its nutrients.
-I use almond butter where the only ingredient is almonds. This allows me to control the salt content.
-Look for vegan dark chocolate, if that matters to you. It is usually printed on the packaging 🌱.
-Exclude the chocolate to keep this recipe strictly paleo 💪.
Be sure to check out another of my healthy recipes Homemade granola. Enjoy!
Coconut almond butter cups
- 1 cup Almond butter
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Dark chocolate
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- Line mini muffin pan with mini liners and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add almond butter and melted coconut oil and mix until incorporated.
- Add maple syrup and vanilla extract and mix.
- Melt chocolate over double boiler or in microwave safe bowl.
- Add coconut flakes to almond butter mix and stir.
- Pour almond butter mixture into paper liners and drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle each cup with a bit of sea salt.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or until fully set.