I have been trying to come up with a sweet treat that will satisfy my taste buds AND benefit my body. These tasty coconut almond butter cups have hit the mark! A healthy snack that is vegan, free of artificial flavors, preservatives, and a load of processed sugar. Your body and your mouth will be grateful 😋.
My coconut almond butter cups are not only healthy but require no baking and only a few ingredients. They are also super easy to put together. You’re welcome! Whichever ingredients you don’t have on hand, you can easily find at your local supermarket. A funny thing I noticed when I first tried these snacks is they have a familiar flavor- that of my favorite Girl Scout cookie. Can you say Samoas?? I call that an added bonus!
Over the past couple of years almond butter has become one of my best friends. I had given up on nut butter since childhood because peanut butter and I never really got along. Fortunately, I don’t have an allergy but I just never liked the taste of peanut butter. So much so that I was hesitant to even try almond butter. When I first tasted it I thought the clouds had parted and a rainbow appeared after an afternoon rain. Ok, maybe it wasn’t that dramatic but finally, a nut butter I could enjoy!
Coconut Almond Butter Cups
- 1 cup Almond butter
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Vegan dark chocolate
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- Line mini muffin pan with mini liners and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add almond butter and melted coconut oil and mix until incorporated.
- Add maple syrup and vanilla extract and mix.
- Melt chocolate over double boiler or in microwave safe bowl.
- Add coconut flakes to almond butter mix and stir.
- Pour almond butter mixture into paper liners and drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle each cup with a bit of sea salt.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or until fully set.
I have another healthy snack recipe that I think you’ll like. Be sure to check out my recipe for Homemade granola.
-I use unrefined (also known as raw) coconut oil because it undergoes less processing than refined coconut oil and retains more of its nutrients.
-There are quite a few brands that make vegan chocolate but I like Green & Black’s. Be sure to check the label as not all of their chocolate is vegan.
-I only buy almond butter with almonds as the only ingredient.
-These are best kept refrigerated.
Happy cooking, happy eating 😊!