This mixed berry galette has to be THE easiest dessert I’ve posted yet! It’s great for a weeknight (only takes 30 mins- start to finish), weekend, dinner party, or date night. It looks fancy, sounds fancy but is super simple.
Spring has sprung and summer is on the way so fresh, ripe berries are very easy to come by. This time around, I chose blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries. Their lovely colors and varying fruit flavors against the crispy but tender and buttery puff pastry is a winning combination.
In case you are wondering, a galette is a flat pastry or cake with a filling. The filling can be sweet or savory. Typically round but also freeform. Since the puff pastry is perforated into rectangular shapes I didn’t think it was worth the effort to try and force the corners round.
Purchasing a puff pastry from the freezer section of your supermarket is what makes this mixed berry galette so easy without compromising on taste. While making a traditional puff pastry from scratch is very time-consuming. I think it’s ok to take a shortcut if the flavor and quality of ingredients are not compromised. A beautiful baked dessert, ready in 30 minutes from start to finish.
Mixed Berry Galette
- 1 cup fresh berries I used bluebrries, raspberries, and strawberries
- 3 tbsp sugar Plus a little extra for sprinkling
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp butter Cut into 4 pieces
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- pinch salt
- Allow one sheet of puff pastry to thaw in the refrigerator. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Once thawed, cut the puff pastry into four equal squares.
- Add berries, sugar, cornstarch, and salt to a bowl and mix to make sure all berries are covered.
- Spoon equal portions of the berry mixture in the center of each puff pastry square and fold each side of the pastry.
- Make an egg wash by beating the egg and brush each side of pastry with the egg wash and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 20 mins or until pastry is golden brown and fruit is bubbling.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
Try this easy and delicious mixed berry galette and let me know what you think 😉. You will be hard-pressed to find an easier baked berry dessert. Also, check out another of my recipes for those of us who love fresh summertime fruit. Peach and blueberry crisp.
-This galette could also work with blackberries or cherries.
Happy cooking, happy eating 😊!