This mixed berry galette has to be THE easiest dessert I’ve posted yet! It’s great for a weeknight (only takes 30 mins- start to finish), weekend, dinner party, or date night. It looks fancy, sounds fancy but is super simple.
Spring has sprung and summer is on the way so fresh berries are very easy to come by. This time around, I chose blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries. Their lovely colors and varying fruit flavors against the crispy but tender puff pastry is a perfect combination.Jump to Recipe
Purchasing a puff pastry from the freezer section of your supermarket makes this even easier without compromising on taste. While making a traditional puff pastry from scratch is veeeerry time-consuming.
Top with ice cream whipped cream, or eat as is! Try this easy and delicious mixed berry galette and let me know what you think 😉. Enjoy!
Mixed Berry Galette
- 1 cup fresh berries I used bluebrries, raspberries, and strawberries
- 3 tbsp sugar Plus a little extra for sprinkling
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp butter Cut into 4 pieces
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- pinch salt
- Allow one sheet of puff pastry to thaw in the refrigerator. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Once thawed, cut the puff pastry into four equal squares.
- Add berries, sugar, cornstarch, and salt to a bowl and mix to make sure all berries are covered.
- Spoon equal portions of the berry mixture in the center of each puff pastry square and fold each side of the pastry.
- Make an egg wash by beating the egg and brush each side of pastry with the egg wash and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 20 mins or until pastry is golden brown and fruit is bubbling.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
Also, check out another of my recipes for those of us who love fresh summertime fruit. Peach and blueberry crisp.